Friday, December 7, 2012

The man, the myth, the legend...Moe Norman!

I was recently introduced to the late Moe Norman during my trip North Carolina and the Pinehurst area.  As a golf enthusiast I had never come across the name before or perhaps I had and did not register it into my brain for safe keeping.  You could say what kind of a golf enthusiast am I if I have not heard of this man?  Well it turns out that many golfers have never heard of this "Rainman of Golf."  Moe was an idiot savant so to speak for golf.  Considered the best ball striker ever by many tour players including Tiger and Jack!  Who is Moe Norman, many may ask?  Well please view the following video for a glimpse into the life of a cast off golf genious that never did make it to the top of the game and arguably was never given the chance.

"Golf is not a game, it is a way of life, and we pass along its tortuous and humorous path, alas, but once."
~Malcolm Campbell, British humorist
 

No comments:

Post a Comment